Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Grammy Picks

I’m sitting in my family room watching the pre-Grammy Awards Red Carpet show on E! and I’m getting excited to see who wins what and, more importantly, what everybody is wearing. If I can, I’m going to post my best and worst dressed tomorrow sometime. But for now, I’m making my picks for some of the categories I care about most. We’ll see how many times I get it right.

Best New Artist: ADELE

Album of the Year: Tha Carter III by Lil’ Wayne

Song of the Year: "Chasing Pavements" by ADELE

Record of the Year: “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: ADELE for “Chasing Pavements”

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: John Mayer for “Say”

Best Dance Recording: “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga and Colby O’Donis

Best Rock Album: Rock n Roll Jesus by Kid Rock

Best R&B Album: The Way I See It by Raphael Saadiq

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: Jazmine Sullivan for “Need U Bad”

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance: Ne-yo for “Miss Independent”

Best R&B Song: “Miss Independent” by Ne-yo

Best Rap Album: Tha Carter III by Lil’ Wayne

Best Rap Solo Performance: Lil’ Wayne for “A Milli”

Best Rap Song: “Lollipop” by Lil’ Wayne

No comments: