Thursday, June 18, 2009

Complex's Best of 2009 (So Far): The Top 10 Sneakers

#10

SNEAKER: COMMON PROJECTS SAFARI BOOT
RELEASE: JANUARY+

Common Projects shoes are always pretty pricey but their durability combined with effortless style with monochromatic color-ways make them worth the price.

#9

SNEAKER: AIR JORDAN V TORO BRAVO PACK
RELEASE: MAY
I've seen these sneakers at the local Footlocker and I do like them, but not better than the Common Projects shoe. But it is Jordan and I guess the bright red is pretty dope.

#8

SNEAKER: COMMONWEALTH X REEBOK PUMP OMNI LITE
RELEASE: JUNE

These are okay. I can see some people rockin' these with a pair of slim, black jeans. But they do look like something my mom would wear. I'll pass.

#7

SNEAKER: VANS X KICKS/HI “3 Feet High” Half Cab
RELEASE: JUNE

Got my Vans on, but they look like sneakers. The Pack helped give this brand a boost a few years back with their song "Vans". I've never been a big fan of the brand and I'm still not.

#6

SNEAKER: NEW BALANCE MT580 GORE-TEX
RELEASE MONTH: MARCH

Ummm...Why are these on the list?

#5

SNEAKER: NIKE DUNK HIGH NYLON
RELEASE: JANUARY+

Saw this shoe in Chicago last week. I like it. I think my dad has a similar pair from year 2000 or something. It has a classic, but modern look. I can dig it. It's too high on the list though.

#4

SNEAKER: SUPRA TK SOCIETY
RELEASE: MAY
These shoes are the real deal. I immediately began searching the web for a pair as soon as I saw these. I'm not sure if I'll end up with them, but I'll sure try.

#3

SNEAKER(s): CONVERSE SKATEBOARDING (CTS)
RELEASE: JANUARY+

I like these. they're simple, but cool. You can wear them with anything, including a suit.

#2

SNEAKER: adidas CONSORTIUM 3-WAY NIZZA HIGH
RELEASE: MAY

Wow! I love the grey color - its one of my favorite colors. Adidas came strong with this one. It's so classic, yet modern and reminds of me of sophistication.

#1

SNEAKER: NIKE AIR YEEZY
RELEASE: MAY-JUNE

The grand-daddy of them all (for this half of the year anyway)! The Yeezy's have been the most coveted shoe in the country and maybe the world so far. Kanye West put together a wonderful design and color-way scheme with all of the releases. I only wish there was still some left so I can have a pair.

No comments: