Saturday, August 1, 2009

One of My Favorite "New" Bands: Thunderheist



As I was browsing the web today in search of new music I came across an article on formatmag.com featuring the the band Thunderheist. I had never heard of them before. What caught my interest was the first two sentences of the Q&A, which read, "Nobody’s going to steal the thunder from this Toronto-based electrorap duo (frontwoman Isis and soundsmith Grahm Zilla). Thunderheist turn out “fun” music with undertones of disco, funk and R&B."

I knew I had to check them out so I clicked over to youtube to watch and listen to their material. Not only was I impressed with what I heard, but the videos were pretty cool too. I love the image and sound of this band. You can't help but get up and dance to it (I most definitely did all through the hallway). After one of the videos one youtube-er said they needed a cold shower after it. Cold showers suck, but I can see where they're coming from. I would love to see them in concert at some point. Though, they won't be performing near Indiana anytime soon. Either way, one day I will see them in action - and then I'll be sure to take that cold shower.

This first video is for their song "Jerk It". This isn't the official video for the song, instead the song is paired with a video created by Noel Paul & Stefan Moore. The two were the winners of the Thunderheist promo competition for the track. If "Jerk It" doesn't make you move you should check your pulse.

This video for "Nothing 2 Step 2" actually features the band in it throughout.

No comments: