Sunday, November 1, 2009

Video: La Roux - "Bulletproof"



On most mornings I like to have my own Wake ‘n Watch session by turning to music video channels on my TV. The other day there was this infectious electronica, dance beat thumping from my TV speakers that I couldn’t ignore. After running from my bathroom to leap in front of the TV I saw a pale, boyish, European-looking girl singing with a stoic look on her face. Though, there was nothing stoic about her voice.

This girl was Elly Jackson, on half of European electropop duo La Roux (the other is synth player/producer Ben Langmaid). The group hails from Brixton, England and lists the likes of Annie Lennox, David Bowie, Madonna and Prince as influences.
Listening to the snippets of their self-titled debut album on iTunes reminded me of a high-sprung electro dance party (though, I’ve never been to one, but would love to go). I’m planning on buying it soon and finding out more about La Roux.

LA ROUX 'BULLETPROOF' from soyo on Vimeo.

No comments: