Monday, June 14, 2010

Song of the Day: Common ft. Lily Allen - "Drivin' Me Wild"


I bought my first Common CD last week, which is inexcusable. He is one of the best rappers to ever touch a mic and his political and societal-conscious lyrics are second to none. For some reason I never bought his CD's. My official intro into the Common world was serviced by his Finding Forever CD, released in July of 2007. I've been a fan of Common ever since he released his single "Retrospect For Life" featuring Lauryn Hill back in the early '90's. Now, I'm on a mission to get every CD he's released. His latest release was the techno-funk inspired Universal Mind Control released in December 2008. And word is he's currently working on his next one possibly due out later this year or early next.

The video below is "Drivin' Me Wild" featuring English pop star Lily Allen. It's a single off of Finding Forever and is one of my favorite Common tracks. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice track and video! But for this to be your fist Common cd purchase you where sleepin on him!