Friday, January 1, 2010

2010.Smarter.Better.Faster.Stronger.

On December 19 I graduated. It kind of snuck up on me, just like pretty much everything else in the last six months. My mind spent the majority of my final college semester in the skies dreaming of my future and what I’d become. I dreamed of where I’d work and when it would happen. I dreamed of one day being like Diddy, Jay-Z or Kanye West, only in the journalism and fashion game instead of in the base of music. I want to be like them in terms of my hustle and work ethic. I want to conquer more than just one, two, or even three things. Print is just the beginning. I want to be big in radio and TV. Fashion is a love of mine and I want to see how far I can go there. My own line? Who knows? I at least want to become a stylist. I have a love for music, too. All music. I would like to get into some songwriting, as I can’t sing, rap or play any instruments.

This is my new beginning. I’m entering 2010 a confident man. I’m ready to grind and work harder than I ever have before. I have great things happening right now and things look bright for the future. I’m getting ready to intern at Indianapolis Monthly and am setting myself up to earn a 6-month paid internship with Men’s Health agazine. I’m currently freelance writer for MH.

To keep this short, let’s just say I’m on my way to greatness. I can feel it. But this isn’t on any conceded tip. I’m going to put in the hours, ask for help, learn every day and put my talents on display. If I get knocked down you can bet I’m going to get up and come back stronger. Smarter. Better. Faster. Stronger. That’s me in 2010.

No comments: