Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New York Observations: Part 1

There are lots of "it" girls in NYC but many of them go unnoticed. If they lived in Indiana they'd be the shit and everybody would stare at them as they walked by. But here, no one does.

In Indiana, if you make eye contact with someone you both either nod, smile, or quietly say hello. In NYC no one does that. They just keep walking. And if you do happen to get any reaction from someone, they'll give you the "what the fuck you lookin' at" look. Great.

There's ALWAYS things to do. I love the theater district (I think that's what they call it) on and off Broadway. I went to see "American Idiot" and I loved it. At all hours of the day and night you see people walking places. Even on a Sunday. Where the hell could you be going at 11pm on Sunday night? Take yo ass to bed. But I guess the city never sleeps, better slip you an Ambien.

The high end retail stores aren't stores at all, they're show rooms. Or atleast they look that way. Everything is so carefully constructed like the clothes themselves. Smooth hardwood floors, glass doors, impeccably dressed employees, meticulously placed clothing, bags, and accessories. Oh, and don't forget about the doorman and the suited security standing around everywhere.

Junior's is an awesome restaurant. I've eaten breakfast there three out of the four days I've been in NYC. The French toast is my favorite. Never had better at any restaurant.

Generally, people dress better here than anywhere else I've ever been. And I'm not just talking suits. I, more so, mean the casual wear. They know how to use their scarves, jackets, the right jeans, the right sneakers, and hats. The women love their leggings and heels here, too.

It's not always easy to get a cab. It took me over half an hour last night. I'm just sayin'.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous of my lil bro from CLHS making it to the Big Apple before me! Enjoy! Thanks for sending me the blog!

Unknown said...

LOL. Funny because it's true...

CJ Lotz said...

I'll be there in a few weeks!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Bryan! Sounds like you're having quite the big city adventure. They might be sharp out there ... but no one could possibly be dressed better than you :)

Kelly Leigh said...

just stumbled across your blog. I thought your comments on how new yorkers can't look at you were pretty funny. I'm from ohio and was just living in london and it was the same deal there. oh and gotta love your Jay Z quotes. very nice.