Monday, May 10, 2010

Jay-Z Performances on SNL

Saturday night I stayed in and took in some SNL. I haven't been keeping up with the show lately but I decided to take interest this weekend because Betty White was hosting and Jay-Z performed. It was probably the best non-election SNL I've ever seen. All of the skits were great and Betty White was hilarious. while I'm not posting any skits, below I've posted Jay-Z's performances. The Roc was definitely in the building!





I bet you're wondering who the girl was singing with Jay-Z on "Empire State of Mind". Her name is Bridget Kelly (or B.K.). She may look like an Alicia Keys stunt double, but B.K. is a true force to be reckoned with. The 22-year-old NYC native was recently signed to Jay's Roc Nation label. Many won't like this, but I like her voice on the song better than I do Alicia Keys. I actually heard her live at a Jay-Z concert in Indy in March. Kelly is also easy on the eyes (I think I'm in love). Follow her on Twitter and search for her videos on Youtube. She's a budding star and is bound to capture the hearts many outside the Empire State, too.

No comments: