Sunday, February 1, 2009

Immediate Thoughts on the Super Bowl...Steelers 27 Cardinals 23



First of all, that game was one of the best games I've ever seen. This is how a Super Bowl should be. I loved the fact that the Arizona Cardinals made it there and it was no surprise to me that the Steelers represented the AFC. I was rooting for the Cardinals, but I've got to give it up to the Steelers. Especially to head coach, Mike Tomlin for becoming the second black coach and the youngest coach to ever win a Super Bowl.

Also, congratulations to Santonio Holmes. This is definitely a dream come true for him. He is from Belle Glade, Florida and I can't imagine how he must feel right now, earning the Super Bowl MVP in his home state. I actually would've given the MVP to James Harrison. I mean the guy did have a 100 yard interception return for a touchdown. But it's okay.

I got together with some of my teammates to watch the game and I have to say that I thought the game was over when Larry Fitzgerald scored a touchdown late in the 4th quarter. I got up out of my seat, yelled in excitement and high stepped all over the room. I should've known better.

Larry Fitzgerald came up big just like I thought he would. The guy catches everything even when he's not open. But I do think the Cardinals took to long to get him the ball in the first half. Also, great game by Steve Breaston and Kurt Warner in a losing effort. They didn't deserve to lose, but someone got to.

I was surprised by how big of a role penalties played in this game. A holding call by on the Steelers caused a safety that changed the game. The Cardinals offensive tackles had trouble blocking James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley all night, causing them to resort to lots of holding.

I failed myself by not DVR-ing this game because its worth another viewing. Like I mentioned earlier, it was definitely one of the best games I've seen. I have to put it in my top ten, probably top five.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The commercials kind of sucked this year though.